SkiBanter

-   Snowboarding (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   What Should I Buy (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=16314)

roxy06 November 9th 07 02:39 AM

What Should I Buy

I'm just getting into snowboarding this coming winter and am wondering
what a suggested brand/type of snowboard I should look into buying?

[email protected] November 9th 07 01:32 PM

What Should I Buy

On Nov 8, 10:39 pm, roxy06 wrote:
I'm just getting into snowboarding this coming winter and am wondering
what a suggested brand/type of snowboard I should look into buying?

http://www.vpas.fsnet.co.uk/rssFAQ/

Joe Ramirez

Christian Georg Becker December 1st 07 11:03 PM

What Should I Buy

roxy06 schrieb:
I'm just getting into snowboarding this coming winter and am wondering
what a suggested brand/type of snowboard I should look into buying?

None yet ;)

For the first week lend one and try to find out if boarding suits you or
if you rather want to go skiing.

And if you still want a board, look for a good/recommended shop nearby.
One that can service you board too. And consult them. Tell them where
and how you would like to board. And they will recommend you something
for sure. Not everything can be solved on the net.

Krischan

[email protected] December 2nd 07 12:44 PM

What Should I Buy

On Dec 1, 7:03 pm, Christian Georg Becker -
berlin.de wrote:
roxy06 schrieb:

I'm just getting into snowboarding this coming winter and am wondering
what a suggested brand/type of snowboard I should look into buying?

None yet ;)

For the first week lend one and try to find out if boarding suits you or
if you rather want to go skiing.

And if you still want a board, look for a good/recommended shop nearby.
One that can service you board too. And consult them. Tell them where
and how you would like to board. And they will recommend you something
for sure. Not everything can be solved on the net.

Krischan

For a beginner, the brand of the board isn't going to make a
significant difference. You do want one that is the right size for
you and on the med to softer side of flex as opposed to stiff.

More important than the board are the boots, which must fit
correctly. If you're going to buy boots, I highly recommend boots
with the BOA lacing system, which uses a ratchet to very easily,
quickly and uniformly tighten the laces. Again boots should be med
flex for a beginner.

Also agree with the advice to consider renting eqpt for the first few
times or even the whole season. Some shops have season programs that
might work well for the first season.

Champ[_2_] December 2nd 07 04:17 PM

What Should I Buy

On Sun, 02 Dec 2007 01:03:36 +0100, Christian Georg Becker
wrote:

roxy06 schrieb:
I'm just getting into snowboarding this coming winter and am wondering
what a suggested brand/type of snowboard I should look into buying?

None yet ;)

For the first week lend one ...

^^^^

"borrow"