SkiBanter

-   Nordic Skiing (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Help removing Klister (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=27078)

N Menton March 5th 12 01:11 PM

Help removing Klister

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to remove Klister from a down ski jacket? My daughter was racing this weekend and her ski fell on the shoulder of her new jacket. The jacket is washable in cold water and can't be dry cleaned. The shell is 100% polyester with a polyurethane coating.

Gary Jacobson[_2_] March 15th 12 11:42 AM

Help removing Klister

--
N Menton

I suggest putting corn starch on the klister to remove the greatest
amount of gunky stuff. Then apply citrus based cleaner that is diluted
with water. The only concern I'd have is the effect of the solvent on
the nylon shell. You may want to wait to see what others have to say
about the solvent piece. I'd get the corn starch on right away though.

Gary Jacobson
Rosendale, NY