SkiBanter

-   Nordic Skiing (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Swix temperature-specific alternatives to F4? (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=25446)

Morris Keesan March 7th 11 04:43 AM

Swix temperature-specific alternatives to F4?

While in the store the other day, I noticed, next to the Swix F4, tubes of
Swix "Red Glider" (for temperatures above freezing), and "Blue Glider" (for
about the same temperature range as blue kick wax), both liquid/paste waxes
of the same sort as F4, in the same kind of package. I use F4 mostly for
my waxless skis, for those days when the conditions are too weird or
changeable to wax for, or when I'm just going out for a short time and
don't want to take the time to wax, or around this time of year on days
when I just don't feel up to dealing with klister.

Does anyone here have any direct experience with these temperature-specific
easy-on glide waxes? Am I likely to notice any significant improvement
by using them, compared to a universal glide wax like F4
(or Maxiglide, etc.)? I got the impression that these waxes were rather
new, and the technician in the shop had no personal experience with them.

--
Morris Keesan --