SkiBanter

-   Nordic Skiing (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Jay T's Big Saturday Workout - 50K Club Report 4-10,11-04 (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=3509)

Jay Tegeder April 11th 04 05:17 PM

Jay T's Big Saturday Workout - 50K Club Report 4-10,11-04

Jay T's Big Saturday Workout 4-10-04:
I ran errands in the morning and caught some of the Masters coverage.
For the workout, I managed to squeeze in a 1 1/2 hour ride on my
Schwinn Peloton (Reynolds 853) with the temp around 37F. I rode one of
my local loops.

50K Club Report, Sunday 4-11-04:
Happy Easter! Another cold day. Biking in mid 30F temps wasn't bad one
month ago but now, I'm a little spoiled. Instead of putting on my cold
weather bike gear, I went for a 30 minute hike. Big workout... Huh...
Needless to say, it was a wonderful day for Sweden as Magnus Backstedt
won the famed and prestiguous, Paris-Roubaix bike race.

Jay Tegeder
"Keep training, lycra never lies!" JT

Marsh Jones April 11th 04 09:41 PM

Jay Tegeder wrote:

Jay T's Big Saturday Workout 4-10-04:
I ran errands in the morning and caught some of the Masters coverage.
For the workout, I managed to squeeze in a 1 1/2 hour ride on my
Schwinn Peloton (Reynolds 853) with the temp around 37F. I rode one of
my local loops.

50K Club Report, Sunday 4-11-04:
Happy Easter! Another cold day. Biking in mid 30F temps wasn't bad one
month ago but now, I'm a little spoiled. Instead of putting on my cold
weather bike gear, I went for a 30 minute hike. Big workout... Huh...
Needless to say, it was a wonderful day for Sweden as Magnus Backstedt
won the famed and prestiguous, Paris-Roubaix bike race.

Jay Tegeder
"Keep training, lycra never lies!" JT

Paddled 3+ hours in a mix of snow and cloudy conditions in the morning,
and went to a BBQ in the aftenoon. Temps around 33-34F in the morning.
The pellet snow was great while we were paddling.

Today, I vegged. I rode a hard 27 on Friday, and spent the day cooking
and doing all the family Easter stuff. A pretty nice day off.

Marsh

Gene Goldenfeld April 11th 04 10:47 PM

Jay T's Big Saturday Workout - 50K Club Report 4-10,11-04

Were it not for a big meal Friday night, I'd be around Korte weight.
I've been hovering in the 0 to +2 lbs range since late Feb. However,
it's probably not fair to compare marathoners to shorter distance
skiers. I notice that when it gets warmer my weight goes up
irrespective of other factors, and when it gets colder it drops, almost
over night. Must be some kind of metabolic effect.

Gene

Greg Fangel April 12th 04 12:24 AM

Jay T's Big Saturday Workout - 50K Club Report 4-10,11-04

We skied in Tofte, MN on Saturday and Sunday. We also got a hike in at Judge
Magney State Park near Hovland, MN.

Total workout was about 2 1/2 hours on Sat. and 1 hour on Easter Sunday.

Winter is hanging on in the northland.

Skiing on Easter Sunday - www.sugarbushtrail.org/photos/4.11.04/liz.jpg

Hike at Judge Magney SP -
http://www.sugarbushtrail.org/photos.../04100013a.jpg

Trails at Onion River Road, Sugarbush trail system -
http://www.sugarbushtrail.org/photos.../04100007a.jpg

It's time to get my bike out in the Twin Cities., I'm planning to ski more
in the northland....hopefully until May, we'll see.

Greg Fangel

om...

FrontRunner April 12th 04 10:39 AM

Jay T's Big Saturday Workout - 50K Club Report 4-10,11-04

Easter weekend is the traditional kickoff to the rollerski season in SW
Michigan. Friday 50k skate, Saturday 45k Classic and Sunday 55k skate all
in the 2:40 to 3:00 range. That will keep the weight down.

The FrontRunner

Sly D. Skeez April 19th 04 09:56 PM

(Jay Tegeder) wrote in message . com...
50K Club Report, Sunday 4-11-04:

My coach (Julie Joy) and I woke up to 14" of snow in Durango, CO, and
then drove to Mesa Verde for some pictures of the snow. Glad we didn't
camp.

After that, we drove to Moab (passing jeeps), and I did a 1.75 hr ride
on the Slickrock Trail. If you're never biked Slickrock, well it's a
paint stripe across abotu 12 miles of rock that leads you up and down
some very challenging mt bike riding. Very technical and it's
difficult (impossible?) to ride the whole thing. Temp in the 60s, so
perfect shorts and ss jersey weather. This is a trail where you don't
want to come off the bike because the rock surface will take off skin
very efficiently.

Jay Wenner