SkiBanter

-   European Ski Resorts (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Train from Munick to Ötztal (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=1302)

Rami Ylä-Pöntinen November 1st 03 12:23 PM

Train from Munick to Ötztal

I'm planning to take a train from Munick to Ötztal via Innsbruck in
december? How much will I have to pay? Does anybody know?

Anders Svennevik November 1st 03 01:20 PM

Train from Munick to Ötztal

Have you checked the railway websites at www.oebb.at and www.db.de ?

Anders

Turan Fettahoglu November 2nd 03 09:45 PM

Train from Munick to Ötztal

Munich-Kufstein is some 13 Euros for 99km single.
Kufstein-Ötztal is 120 km, so the fare should be some 15 Euros. So the fare
should be some 28 Euros single, perhaps some more if you use the ICE train
in Germany.

Attention: the train station is at the end of the Ötztal, the bus from
Ötztal station up to your actual destination should cost a few Euros more.

Hope that helps
Turan

Ian Turek November 3rd 03 10:22 PM

Train from Munick to Ötztal

Would this be a round trip? I am searching for train trip cost Munich - St.
Anton (which is approximately the same distance as Munich-Otztal) and would
appreciate the info.

I could alternatively fly to Innsbruck but the airfare is about $170 more
expansive (from Seattle) than Munich one. Of course, Munich departure on a
way home would require an aditional day (and night) on the old continent.

Thanks.