SkiBanter

-   Nordic Skiing (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Once I missed the wax so badly .... (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=3396)

J999w March 12th 04 09:32 PM

Once I missed the wax so badly ....

.... that I stopped several times during the race to scrape off the klister on a
tree.

.... that I got passed by a guy with one arm.

Others??

John Wilke
Milwaukee

Griss March 12th 04 10:34 PM

"J999w" wrote in message
... that I stopped several times during the race to scrape off the klister

on a
tree.

It's easier if the tree (log) is horizontal - less energy expended.

... that I got passed by a guy with one arm.

Yea, so what else is new.

Jeff Potter March 13th 04 03:27 PM

Once I missed the wax so badly ....

I rewaxed 10X in a 20k classic, still got 4th.

I think I had glidewaxed my classics earlier for fun then forgot to sand and
totally wax-solvent the kick area before kickwaxing again. I believe I ironed
in my kick, though. Probably didn't use binder either. I was being WAY too
casual and not thinking. And just kept losing that wax. Talk about a yo-yo race
with passing and being passed, uh, MANY times.

--

Jeff Potter
****