SkiBanter

-   Alpine Skiing (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Did New England Ski Areas Get Much From The Storm? (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=28758)

[email protected] January 24th 16 10:49 PM

Did New England Ski Areas Get Much From The Storm?

How much snow did the New England ski areas get from the big storm?

downhill January 24th 16 11:58 PM

wrote:
How much snow did the New England ski areas get from the big storm?

Was talking to competition director at Okemo yesterday during the record
storm in NY and it was doing nothing up there.
Very little snow north of 84.

downhill February 1st 16 04:04 PM

downhill wrote:
wrote:
How much snow did the New England ski areas get from the big storm?

Was talking to competition director at Okemo yesterday during the record
storm in NY and it was doing nothing up there.
Very little snow north of 84.

I spent the weekend at Okemo there are spots of brown about the lower
mountain and there is not much base over all. Nobody is happy.
Back here on long island we look like Vermont should.
It will probably go to a very short mud season. The next group of people
to be upset about the non existence of global warming is the white water
rafters.

Attendance was down at NASTAR open at Okemo, which was recently acquired
by the US Ski Team. There seems to be several problems with the
software. Some of the grumbling can be found on the Forum on the NASTAR
web site when it is up and running. Right now the day after the open I
can not view my results.