SkiBanter

-   Snowboarding (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Board sizing... (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=309)

Brett October 19th 03 11:00 AM

Board sizing...

I'm 6'2", 195 lbs, with 11.5-12 size boots. I currently ride a Ride
Mountain and like it because of its width but want a board that is a bit
quicker turning (faster edge to edge) and more agile. As in something I can
play more on as in the parks...

Some have recommended just adding Palmer Risers to my Mountain for more
leverage... Some shops have said that the risers will effect the "under
boot" flex of the board. I saw a new board with a "riser" built into the
board core... For both feet, with awesome flexing under the feet.

Any recommendations? Go with the Palmers on the Mtn or a narrower board?
How short would "you" ride at my height and size. Do the new bindings with
the toe and heal "lifts" really work? maybe just a good freestyle board
with new bindings?

Any tall riders out there on park boards??

TomTom October 19th 03 11:07 PM

Board sizing...

If I were you I'd try some palmer powerlinks before spending $ on a new
board.

Powerlinks will definitely speed up your edge to edge transfers. I use them
on my 161 palmer honeycomb with size 10 boots and they definitely speed up
edge to edge.

Turning radius (and thereby some perceived board agility) is determined by
the sidecut radius of the board, a smaller sidecut will give a tighter turn
in a true carved turn (ie: non skidded turn). I'm 5'11" and I've ridden
boards as small as 149, not on a regular basis mind you, but still ridden
them and been ok on em. I ride a 161 right now with a big sidecut radius
(board is made for speed). I also ride a 158 for messing about on.

What size is your Ride board? And what is it's sidecut radius?

-Tom

"Brett" wrote in message
[...]

---