SkiBanter

-   Backcountry Skiing (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   pro deals? (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=11693)

Simon Isbister December 20th 05 12:27 AM

pro deals?

Does anyone know if any of the avalanche beacon manufacturers/distributors
offer pro deals for ski patrols? How about ski manufacturers? Black
Diamond has all of their pro-deal info outlined quite well on their
web-site, but I have been having a tough time tracking down info for other
companies.

Thanks,

-s-

-2turn December 20th 05 03:44 AM

Not my favorite brand, but there's three Ortovox Models right on the
NSP website, go to the backcountry section of the winter catalogue.

davidof December 20th 05 02:12 PM

Nic-Impex have pro deals but I don't know if the US importer (life link)
offers these. I had a friend in the fire service who got his beacon at
trade price.

Simon Isbister December 20th 05 03:30 PM

"-2turn" wrote in message
ups.com...
Not my favorite brand, but there's three Ortovox Models right on the
NSP website, go to the backcountry section of the winter catalogue.

Sorry, I should clarify- I am in Canada, so not I'm not affiliated with NSP.

It sounds like my best bet is to just track down e-mail info of the
distributors, and see who has what to offer.

Thanks!

-s-

[email protected] January 4th 06 02:19 PM

Simon Isbister wrote:
Does anyone know if any of the avalanche beacon manufacturers/distributors
offer pro deals for ski patrols? How about ski manufacturers? Black
Diamond has all of their pro-deal info outlined quite well on their
web-site, but I have been having a tough time tracking down info for other
companies.

Most do ... it is best to just call the mfg directly and ask. They will
probably just send you the forms.

Allen