SkiBanter

-   Snowboarding (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Stomp mat (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=454)

Steve A. November 26th 03 03:10 AM

Stomp mat

Can anyone inform me what the stomp mat that comes with new snowboards is
for?

Thank you.

Derrick Ma November 26th 03 03:22 AM

Stomp mat

You want to put your back foot (the "free" one that is not strapped down to
the snowboard) on the stomp pad when you are getting off the chair lift, the
pad just adds traction between your wet boots and the board so you could
steer free of other skiers and etc when getting off the lift. I dont have
one cuz I think it's tacky and it covers up the graphics on the board, but
I've gotten pretty good steering without having the stomp pad.

Savage November 26th 03 11:06 AM

Stomp mat

I've not been boarding for long but I have less painful experiences
when i keeping both feet in the bindings when dismounting the lifts!

Brian November 26th 03 02:38 PM

Stomp mat

"Savage" wrote in message
om...
I've not been boarding for long but I have less painful experiences
when i keeping both feet in the bindings when dismounting the lifts!

How do you keep from banging your board into everyone else on the chair?

Brian.

Playdreamer November 26th 03 02:45 PM

Stomp mat

"Derrick Ma" wrote in message
You want to put your back foot (the "free" one that is not strapped down

the snowboard) on the stomp pad when you are getting off the chair lift,

the
pad just adds traction between your wet boots and the board so you could
steer free of other skiers and etc when getting off the lift. I dont have
one cuz I think it's tacky and it covers up the graphics on the board, but
I've gotten pretty good steering without having the stomp pad.

They can be handy for steering on drag lifts too.

-------------------------
http://www.snowgo.com

Brian November 26th 03 09:38 PM

Stomp mat

"Derrick Ma" wrote in message
just angle it away from the other person's board. i put it up on my boots

I do too, but you're not the guy who keeps both feet in the bindings. :-)

How does HE do it?

Brian.

David Brown :o\) November 27th 03 09:13 AM

Stomp mat

"Savage" wrote in message
om...
I've not been boarding for long but I have less painful experiences
when i keeping both feet in the bindings when dismounting the lifts!

You'd get slapped wrists for this in many resorts in Europe.

--
David Brown :o)
http://kitemap.co.uk/stack

Savage November 27th 03 08:40 PM

Stomp mat

"Playdreamer" wrote in message ...
"Derrick Ma" wrote in message
You want to put your back foot (the "free" one that is not strapped down

the snowboard) on the stomp pad when you are getting off the chair lift,

the
pad just adds traction between your wet boots and the board so you could
steer free of other skiers and etc when getting off the lift. I dont have
one cuz I think it's tacky and it covers up the graphics on the board, but
I've gotten pretty good steering without having the stomp pad.

They can be handy for steering on drag lifts too.
It's so much less painful to have proper control when getting off the lift with both feet in straps. To stop the board bashing others on the chair lift just use both legs to move the board away!

Easy. Non?

http://www.snowgo.com

Steve A. November 27th 03 09:45 PM

Stomp mat

Thanks for all your input. I suspected it was for something like this. Now
I just have to decide if I want to deface my sweet new board with the
mat....

- Steve