SkiBanter

-   Backcountry Skiing (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   22 msgs (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=9060)

Bryan and Colleen Wooten August 14th 03 04:14 AM

22 msgs

Is this newsgroup really this slow? Fer cryin' out loud alt.m-b is more
interesting. Or is my ISP bogus?

Bryan

David Eyre August 14th 03 06:05 PM

"Bryan and Colleen Wooten" wrote in message news:r0E_a.95900$cF.29971@rwcrnsc53...
Is this newsgroup really this slow? Fer cryin' out loud alt.m-b is more
interesting. Or is my ISP bogus?

Bryan

Like it or not, the discussion has moved from rsb to internet sites.

August 14th 03 06:58 PM

David Eyre August 14th 03 10:50 PM

Booker wrote:
David Eyre wrote:
Like it or not, the discussion has moved from rsb to internet sites.

- - Frankly, I don't see that as a bad thing. This group is
generally readable, flameless and on topic.... Every
backcountry skier knows that it's quality not quantity
that counts. It does slow down a lot in August though.

Not a bad thing, just a different thing. Today, a fellow on
telemarktips.com created a Yahoo telemark discussion group for
political topics.

You've stayed true to rsb.

David

Martin Thornquist August 15th 03 01:47 PM

[ David Eyre ]

Not a bad thing, just a different thing. Today, a fellow on
telemarktips.com created a Yahoo telemark discussion group for
political topics.

Me, I just can't abide the web interfaces -- having to go all over the
place for different fora instead of pushing `g' in my Gnus, and the
inferior posting and reading interfaces.

I think Yahoo groups can get on Gmane http://gmane.org/.

Martin
--
"An ideal world is left as an exercise to the reader."
-Paul Graham, On Lisp

August 15th 03 02:21 PM