SkiBanter

-   Alpine Skiing (moderated) (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   something's happening (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=19072)

lal_truckee July 24th 09 10:05 PM

something's happening

it's cooler today. Snow can't be far behind. We may have passed the
worst of this miserable warm weather...

The Real Bev[_6_] July 24th 09 10:45 PM

something's happening

lal_truckee wrote:

it's cooler today. Snow can't be far behind. We may have passed the
worst of this miserable warm weather...

California may think that stuff's OK, but the feds still disapprove...

--
Cheers, Bev
Always carry a length of fiber-optic cable in your pocket. Should

Walt July 27th 09 01:01 PM

something's happening

lal_truckee wrote:
it's cooler today. Snow can't be far behind. We may have passed the
worst of this miserable warm weather...

Because something is happening, but I don't know what is. Do I, Mr Jones?

//Walt

Richard Henry July 28th 09 09:50 PM

something's happening

On Jul 24, 3:05 pm, lal_truckee wrote:
it's cooler today. Snow can't be far behind. We may have passed the
worst of this miserable warm weather...

I solved my summer heat problem. I bought a room air conditioner
(Acondicionador de aire de ventana).

Now my kids hate me.

The Real Bev[_6_] July 28th 09 09:58 PM

something's happening

Richard Henry wrote:

On Jul 24, 3:05 pm, lal_truckee wrote:
it's cooler today. Snow can't be far behind. We may have passed the
worst of this miserable warm weather...

I solved my summer heat problem. I bought a room air conditioner
(Acondicionador de aire de ventana).

Now my kids hate me.

If it wasn't that it would be something else :-(

We finally broke down and replaced the compressor on the built-in system a
couple of years ago. WOO-HOO!

--
Cheers, Bev
"America is at an awkward stage: it is too late to work within the

pigo[_2_] July 30th 09 08:12 PM

something's happening

On Jul 28, 3:58 pm, The Real Bev wrote:
Richard Henry wrote:
On Jul 24, 3:05 pm, lal_truckee wrote:
it's cooler today. Snow can't be far behind. We may have passed the
worst of this miserable warm weather...

I solved my summer heat problem. I bought a room air conditioner
(Acondicionador de aire de ventana).

Now my kids hate me.

If it wasn't that it would be something else :-(

We finally broke down and replaced the compressor on the built-in system a
couple of years ago. WOO-HOO!

--
Cheers, Bev
"America is at an awkward stage: it is too late to work within the
system, but it is too early to shoot the *******s." -Claire Wolfe

I just went and bought an RV. AC was one of the requirements!

[email protected][_2_] July 30th 09 08:13 PM

something's happening

On Jul 24, 4:05 pm, lal_truckee wrote:
it's cooler today. Snow can't be far behind. We may have passed the
worst of this miserable warm weather...

There's snow on the peaks of the 10 Mile Range this morning here in
Colorado.

vulgarandmischevious July 30th 09 11:16 PM

something's happening

wrote:

On Jul 24, 4:05 pm, lal_truckee wrote:
it's cooler today. Snow can't be far behind. We may have passed the
worst of this miserable warm weather...

There's snow on the peaks of the 10 Mile Range this morning here in
Colorado.

It's been raining pretty much non-stop this week in Colorado Springs.
I've even had to raise the roof on the convertible...

twobuddha[_2_] August 2nd 09 12:32 AM

something's happening

On Jul 24, 3:05 pm, lal_truckee wrote:
it's cooler today. Snow can't be far behind. We may have passed the
worst of this miserable warm weather...

At the risk of making a skiing related post:

We had to cancel the annual Mt. Hood trip this week. Just too
frigging hot. Had it all set up, three of us taking motorcycles and
one with the truck, camp out at the five thousand foot level, spend a
few hours on the stiff skis rocking the Palmer, then enjoy a good
lunch at nine thou.
Hard won experience has told me that if it is eighty in Portland,
conditions will be fine on the mountain. Anything higher than that
and the slush never really firms up. Portland was over a hundred this
week. So I spent a couple days on the coast.
Life is a bitch.
Worse yet, I was going to let you all know where I would be, when I
would be there, and invite you to show up and join the fun.
Fun for me, at least.
Oh, well. Maybe in September.