SkiBanter

-   North American Ski Resorts (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Colorado (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=16136)

[email protected] October 1st 07 12:05 AM

Colorado

We are planing to go sking in the Aspen/Vail area in february 2008. We
enjoy sking in steep slops and tough area. We stay away from the
groom. Anybody can tell me what are the best ski hill in the Aspen/
Vail area for that kind of sking.

Thank You

[email protected] October 1st 07 04:29 PM

Colorado

We skied "em all over 38 yrs.
Suggest you visit "ASPEN HIGHLANDS".
(Folks are very friendly)

4 u 2 get warmed up for the "steeps" we suggest you climb-up and then
ski-down "The Wall".
Great for practicing quick-turns and steep balance manuevers. You'll
get to like it !
-------------------BUT NOT FOR BOARDERS ! !----------
Have fun !

lal_truckee October 2nd 07 12:45 AM

Colorado

wrote:
We are planing to go sking in the Aspen/Vail area in february 2008. We
enjoy sking in steep slops and tough area. We stay away from the
groom. Anybody can tell me what are the best ski hill in the Aspen/
Vail area for that kind of sking.

Vail and Aspen are pretty far apart, s you want to get your fill of one
locale before heading toward the other...

Aspen itself is pretty steep, with nice slopes. The other nearby areas
are less enticing.

Vail and most nearby areas are duds, aimed at package tourists. Try
Arapaho Basin for steep challenges.

FWIW.

[email protected] October 2nd 07 10:24 AM

Colorado

You may find little known KEYSTONE,Co. is just what you desired.Stay at
the DAKOTA,centrally situated.

[email protected] October 2nd 07 08:39 PM

Colorado

Skiing Aspen, Vail, Beaver Creek, Loveland, Telluride, Crested Butte,
Wolf Creek, Winter Park,
are ALL good. However, we understood you wanted the most challenging
ski steeps......correct ?
Answer: "The Wall" at "ASPEN HIGHLANDS",
requiring very quick turns on an ungroomed 45°+ slope. The heavy
trees and bushes on the slope make it "almost" impossible to use a
board.
We've tried without success.

Before trying it, we suggest you FIRST talk with the Chief Ski Patroller
and explain your mission.

They probably have current condition advice.
Leave your personal ID info with them.
Name, Address, Landphone - Cellphone, Insurance Carrier & phone, etc.

Good luck ! Paul 10-2-07

miles November 3rd 07 11:21 AM

Colorado

Leave your personal ID info with them.
Name, Address, Landphone - Cellphone, Insurance Carrier & phone, etc.

Don't need to do all that. Just leave Tel #'s of
2 contacts from back home that has all that info.
i.e. job, relative.

I would not leave info of address to a stranger
who knows I am not home.

ups.com...