SkiBanter

-   European Ski Resorts (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   It's time for that French Motorway Toll Question Again (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=24153)

Pip Luscher[_3_] January 22nd 11 10:23 AM

It's time for that French Motorway Toll Question Again

Am I right in thinking that the only Peage lanes that do take credit
cards are the ones with the blue card symbol on them?

Ta.
--
-Pip

AlexWolfen January 25th 11 03:34 PM

Mike are you there?

Ace[_3_] January 26th 11 12:44 PM

It's time for that French Motorway Toll Question Again

On Sat, 22 Jan 2011 11:23:29 +0000, Pip Luscher
wrote:

Am I right in thinking that the only Peage lanes that do take credit
cards are the ones with the blue card symbol on them?

Sort of. I'm not certain there's always as "blue card symbol";
somteime it mitght just be "CB".

but yeah, stick with those ones and you'll be fine.

--
Ace
Ski Club of Great Britain http://www.skiclub.co.uk/

BrritSki January 26th 11 02:03 PM

wrote:

Am I right in thinking that the only Peage lanes that do take credit
cards are the ones with the blue card symbol on them?

Sort of. I'm not certain there's always as "blue card symbol";
somteime it mitght just be "CB".

but yeah, stick with those ones and you'll be fine.

Still not going for Telepeage Pip ?

Available from Sanef for a small deposit and monthly fee and everything
gets charged to your UK credit card.

No need to open window, no queues (until some numpty goes in the wrong
lane) and at some peages no need to even stop now as you can sail
through at around 30kph just like you've been able to do at ALL the
tolls in Italy for years.

Pip Luscher[_3_] January 26th 11 07:21 PM

It's time for that French Motorway Toll Question Again

wrote:

Am I right in thinking that the only Peage lanes that do take credit
cards are the ones with the blue card symbol on them?

Sort of. I'm not certain there's always as "blue card symbol";
somteime it mitght just be "CB".

Ah, OK, ta.

but yeah, stick with those ones and you'll be fine.

Still not going for Telepeage Pip ?

Well, that was my concern, actually: that the blue symbols might mean
something like 'Telepeage' not 'Credit cards welcome'.

Available from Sanef for a small deposit and monthly fee and everything
gets charged to your UK credit card.

Hmm. I suspect that for one trip a year it might not be worth it,
unfortunately, unless one can obtain some sort of limited-lifespan
card. I'm assuming here that 'monthly fee' means a sort of rental for
every month you have the card.

--
-Pip

Ace[_4_] January 27th 11 07:56 AM

It's time for that French Motorway Toll Question Again

wrote:

Am I right in thinking that the only Peage lanes that do take credit
cards are the ones with the blue card symbol on them?

Sort of. I'm not certain there's always as "blue card symbol";
somteime it mitght just be "CB".

Ah, OK, ta.

but yeah, stick with those ones and you'll be fine.

Still not going for Telepeage Pip ?

Available from Sanef for a small deposit and monthly fee and everything
gets charged to your UK credit card.

Hmm. I suspect that for one trip a year it might not be worth it,

Despite living in France we only do one or two péage trips per year
too, so have never been bothered enough to go with that option either.

unfortunately, unless one can obtain some sort of limited-lifespan
card. I'm assuming here that 'monthly fee' means a sort of rental for
every month you have the card.

There are various option, including one with a monthly fee of Eu1.50
only for those months you actually use it. 10 Eu start-up though.

Ace[_4_] January 27th 11 07:56 AM

It's time for that French Motorway Toll Question Again

On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 09:56:25 +0100, Ace
wrote:

There are various option, including one with a monthly fee of Eu1.50
only for those months you actually use it. 10 Eu start-up though.

Ooops, forgot link:
http://www.telepeagepourtous.fr/fr/particulier

Roger Moss[_3_] January 27th 11 08:59 PM

It's time for that French Motorway Toll Question Again

To answer your original question, the blue card signs denote lanes with
card-reader machines, BUT you can still hand your card to a human in the box
beside another lane (but not a télépéage one with the large T symbol in
orange). Only complication is that some older machines still rely on reading
the magnetic strip rather than the chip, which caught me out while exiting
the A10 Poitiers Sud, as my card strip was a little 'tired' - should all
work more efficiently in Eastern France, though.

Sorted. Bonne Route!

Roger
www.mountainpassions.com

Paul S January 30th 11 07:53 AM

wrote:

Am I right in thinking that the only Peage lanes that do take credit
cards are the ones with the blue card symbol on them?

Sort of. I'm not certain there's always as "blue card symbol";
somteime it mitght just be "CB".

but yeah, stick with those ones and you'll be fine.

Still not going for Telepeage Pip ?

Available from Sanef for a small deposit and monthly fee and everything
gets charged to your UK credit card.

No need to open window, no queues (until some numpty goes in the wrong
lane) and at some peages no need to even stop now as you can sail through
at around 30kph just like you've been able to do at ALL the tolls in Italy
for years.

Is there a 'european' option (in my case Italy and France) so that I can use
the Telepeage/Viapass from one account?

Cheers

Paul S

BrritSki January 30th 11 10:37 AM

On 30/01/2011 08:53, Paul S wrote:

wrote:

Am I right in thinking that the only Peage lanes that do take credit
cards are the ones with the blue card symbol on them?

Sort of. I'm not certain there's always as "blue card symbol";
somteime it mitght just be "CB".

but yeah, stick with those ones and you'll be fine.

Still not going for Telepeage Pip ?

Available from Sanef for a small deposit and monthly fee and
everything gets charged to your UK credit card.

No need to open window, no queues (until some numpty goes in the wrong
lane) and at some peages no need to even stop now as you can sail
through at around 30kph just like you've been able to do at ALL the
tolls in Italy for years.

Is there a 'european' option (in my case Italy and France) so that I can
use the Telepeage/Viapass from one account?

Not that I'm aware of. We have sanef for France and a separate telepass
for Italy.