SkiBanter

-   Nordic Skiing (http://www.skibanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Karhu Ursa (http://www.skibanter.com/showthread.php?t=9960)

a March 24th 05 02:56 PM

Karhu Ursa

Has anyone skied these?
I'm in the market for out-of-track skiis and these shorties are looking
interesting.

[email protected] March 25th 05 01:19 PM

Those were my first skis.

I like them, but they are quite heavy and slow. I hardly ever use them,
since I usually ski on groomed trails, but they were great for a state
park that I went to a few months ago that wasn't groomed and pretty
hilly. They're really easy to control, and the scales have excellent
grip. Going uphill is amazingly easy. (mine are waxless; I don't know
if there's a waxable version).

My other skis are low-end racing skis, so the ursas feel really heavy
to me, but I was glad I had them when I went to that state park! I
don't know how they would compare to a regular touring ski.

a March 25th 05 02:21 PM

wrote in message
ups.com...
Those were my first skis.

I like them, but they are quite heavy and slow. I hardly ever use them,
since I usually ski on groomed trails, but they were great for a state
park that I went to a few months ago that wasn't groomed and pretty
hilly. They're really easy to control, and the scales have excellent
grip. Going uphill is amazingly easy. (mine are waxless; I don't know
if there's a waxable version).

My other skis are low-end racing skis, so the ursas feel really heavy
to me, but I was glad I had them when I went to that state park! I
don't know how they would compare to a regular touring ski.

Thanks for the comments. I'm kinda in-between this nordic newsgroup and the
backcountry ng. Most of my skiing will be hiking trails and other 'tame'
backcountry. So really, based on what you tell me they sound like a good
choice...