PDA

View Full Version : Calf muscle rehab

SkiFit
August 4th 05, 05:01 PM
My summer activities have left me with a partial tear in my right calf
muscle. Can anyone recomend rehab practices that worked for them.

gr
August 9th 05, 03:50 AM
SkiFit wrote:
> My summer activities have left me with a partial tear in my right calf
> muscle. Can anyone recomend rehab practices that worked for them.

Not sure about muscle tear, but eccentric exercise of the muscle (ie;
lengthening the muscle during resistance instead of contracting it)
works very well for controlling tendonitus. I imagine like most PT
things, you need to work up to it gradually
gr